Broker and Founder
CPA / CCIM
Phone: (281) 684-6482
Prior to the formation of Brockway Commercial, Mr. Brockway served in multiple roles in the real estate development and management industry as Chief Financial Officer after three years in public accounting, auditing real estate companies and banks. Most recently, he served as Chief Operations Officer and dispositions broker for Property Commerce Management Company, a Houston based developer of Target, Home Depot and grocery anchored retail centers. In this capacity, Mr. Brockway was in charge of day to day operations and financial activities as well as sales of commercial properties.
Mr. Brockway complements his brokerage acumen with a strong financial background as a CPA, giving him the ability to understand and counsel his clients on accounting and tax matters related to real estate including valuations, basis determinations and tax deferred exchange advice.
Transactions for which Mr. Brockway has represented buyers and sellers include shopping centers, ground leases, single tenant properties, multifamily, warehouse, land and churches. Mr. Brockway also represents landlords and tenants in commercial lease transactions.
As a developer and syndicator, Mr. Brockway has assisted in creating several funds invested in over 50 retail assets across Texas which successfully generated consistent cash on cash yields and achieved high internal rate of return upon sale of the assets.
Mr. Brockway serves on multiple committees and boards in the Bay Area including:
- League City Charter Committee, the purpose of which is to review the city’s charter, modify and present to City Council and the voters
- League City Master Plan Task Force Committee, analyzing the current zoning of all areas of League City, to determine viable businesses to bring to town
- League City Regional Chamber of Commerce Past Chairman of the Board
- League City Planning and Zoning Commission, 2016-2017
- Clear Creek Independent School District Citizen’s Financial Advisory Committee
- Bay Area Commercial Real Estate Director and Vice-President
Mr. Brockway is a graduate of Stephen F. Austin, graduating cum laude with degrees in Accounting and Finance.
James and his wife, Penny, are proud contributors to Shriner’s Hospitals for Children.